Weightlifting for Athleticism, Performance & Life
Does any of the following apply to you:
- Would you love to learn or fine-tune the Clean or Clean & Jerk?
- Do you feel unsure of how this movement may apply to you in your training?
- Would you like to increase your power & improve athletic performance?
How this workshop can help?
- Learn the mechanics of the Clean/Clean & Jerk
- Learn how to breakdown the components of the Clean & Jerk, and how it may help improve your explosive power and athletic performance
- Understand each facet of the lift and how to utilise your strength, speed and coordination to produce explosive power
- Explore a variety of drills for warm-up and muscular activation as well as specific technique modifications
Join Joe’s Basecamp coaches Jeremy Maher & Graeme Booth for the next installment in our series of monthly workshops on topics such as nutrition, performance psychology, and mindset and rituals.
This workshop will take a look at the Clean & Jerk, a snippet of Olympic Weightlifting and how you can develop or improve your clean & jerk mechanics, from beginner lifters upward. It will explore a variety of cues and drills that can be applied into your own training, demonstrate aspects of the lift that carry over to many other sports, and will be a hands-on practical session.
Date: Saturday 13 July, 9.30-11.00am
What to bring: Towel & water bottle, your own mat if you wish (or you can use ours)